CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR LOCAL BUSINESSES IN HARROW & BRENT
Dear Friend of Brent Council
Network Homes and Brent Council would like to invite you to the launch of the Apprenticeship Academy which takes place on;
Wednesday 21st August 2019
In the Brent Civic Centre in Wembley
Network Homes in partnership with Brent Council are happy to launch a new support package for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), and Not for Profit organisations, who want to recruit an apprentice. This pilot project, the first of its kind in the borough, will provide free tailored support for smaller employers and their apprentices from award winning recruitment and HR service providers.
What does this mean for your organisation?
We understand that some SMEs would like to hire an apprentice but just don’t have the capacity, or know where to begin with recruitment. This scheme will offer a support service to those who employ, or plan to employ, an apprentice across 2019/2020. The support package will include:
- A briefing session for employers to talk through an approach to running apprenticeships, including a Q&A session and knowledge sharing
- Free apprenticeship recruitment service, tailored to your business’s recruitment needs
- Free access to relevant HR policy documents and procedures including, Onboarding, Probation, Performance Management (template for 1:1s and appraisals), and Safeguarding (including DBS), all of which include simple templates and guidance notes
- Offer for line managers to attend Network Homes in-house customer service and management training
- Ongoing buddying support and advice for employers, or line managers.
What does it mean for the apprentice?
Support will also be made available to the apprentices recruited by the SMEs or Not for Profit organisation. This will include:
- A briefing session about what being an apprentice entails
- Quarterly networking/support group meetings for the whole apprentice cohort, alongside Network Homes’ own apprentices
- Opportunity for occasional work experience at Network Homes
- Offer for apprentices to attend Network Homes in-house training
- A “Code of Conduct” (ground rules) for apprentices
- Support throughout the programme
If you are a Brent based SME, or not-for-profit, interested in recruiting an apprentice as part of this pilot programme, or if would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Tristan Cropley at Brent Works via Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 937 6295